(Supplied in 75tr Bags - Please Note: Orders > 2no. Bags will be delivered on Pallets)
Currently not available Loose in bulk loads (Please contact us via email or phone 01730 894467 / 07979 096261 for next availability)
Details / Key Facts
Langley Horticulture’s Mushroom Compost is the most economical cost effective way to condition your soil. It improves the quality, nutrient value of the soil whilst promoting and improving the growth of decorative or food plants.
The mushroom compost comprises of composted agricultural straw and rotted manure. This results in compost that is light, fluffy, easy to crumble, spread and work with. Thanks to the compost’s chemical and physical composition, it is perfect for improving the texture of heavy clay soils, or adding humus to nutrient deficient soils. The mushroom compost is also fully steam sterilised prior to leaving the mushroom farm hence, it will not introduce any weeds or other pests into your garden.
Langley Horticulture generally recommend a 50mm soil improvement layer spread over the area to be treated. It should then be forked in or rotavated. With very poor soils, a 75mm layer ought to be considered.
- Light and easily spreadable
- Increases your soil’s physical structure
- Increases the level of organic material within the soil
- Steam Sterilised & Weed Free
- Economical Solution
- Suitable for use by landscaping professionals and home gardeners
Mushroom Compost – pH Level: 6.5 -7, Organic Matter: 66%, Ammonia: 0.26%, Magnesium: 0.4%, Nitrate: 0.08%, Phosphorus: 0.6%, Potassium: 3.1%, Total Nitrogen: 2.4%
Mushroom Compost Benefits
The Mushroom Compost produces a far improved healthier soil, thus creating healthier plants with greater growth rates.
The Mushroom Compost has the following benefits:
- Improves general soil structure
- Helps improve root development for plants & shrubs
- Improves the nutrient uptake and decreases the likelihood of soil borne diseases
- Reduces the need for additional fertilisers
- Improves the moisture retention in lighter, sandy soils
- Increases moisture infiltration and drainage in heavy soils
- Increased neutralising value helping to keep soil pH stable
- Improved resistance to soil compaction and erosion